Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Tiki Tuesday


Yesterday my staple coffee shop went fishing.  So, I had to seek inferior caffeinated beverages elsewhere in the neighborhood.  The sad part: I knew it was going to happen.  I just couldn't believe it or didn't want to.  But then again everybody needs a day off and a chance to play hooky every once in a awhile.  It keeps you sane.



In lou of an afternoon cold brew, I met up with my friend kevin to partake in another form of a vacation.  You guessed it.  We went down to the recently returned corporate tiki phenomenon, Trader Vic's.  Mayor Sam Adams did declare August "Tiki Month" here in Rose City.  Let's just say we were being team spirited.  Once inside, passed the fountain and the host station we sidled up to the bar, consumed a couple of Mai Tai's and Kevin drank out of a ceramic coconut.  Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment