Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Continuous Love Affair...





Every lady needs a solid pair of black ballet flats or kitten heels. The type of footwear that transitions seamlessly from day to night. For such a necessity, I turn to shoe designer Jeffery Campbell.
Back in 2006 I purchased my first pair of Jeffery Campbell kitten heels, the Elle. I still wear them whenever I can even though the nails dig into my heels and a few of the straps around the toe box have since detached. They are still the closest thing to a perfect summer shoe a girl can have. However as the sun is slowly setting on our relationship, I have been desperately searching for the younger sleeker model. A couple of contestants have come close. But the question remains, how does a girl ever replace her first love?
Last summer I flirted with another kitten heel of Jeffery Campbell’s, the Lisa-2. Lisa-2 is leather and has just the right curves. Everywhere we went together she left behind little hearts, a footprint of our time together. To this day, Lisa-2 still resides in my closet next to Elle.
Lakes, the newest pair, and I are having a blast hopping around town together, despite the heat. We met last week at Lizard Lounge and thanks to the power of MasterCard, we haven’t looked back. Lakes compliments my pencil and mini skirts and even forces me to walk a little taller (thanks to that extra inch or so concealed in the heel).
The best places to find your perfect match are…
Imelda’s, 935 NW Everett or 3426 SE Hawthorne
Johnny Sole, 815 SW Alder Street
Lizard Lounge, 1323 NW Irving
Sole Struck, 718 NW 11th
And if all else fails check out the shoe department at Nordstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment