Monday, October 18, 2010

Monday Night Dinner



Confession: I have worked in restaurants since the age of 14. I can make you banana splits, malts, martinis and old fashioneds. I rarely cook. Perhaps rarely is the wrong word, I never cook. What prompted this sudden urge for domesticity you ask; another fashion blog. (Despite my lack of culinary skills I do peruse several fashion blogs on a daily basis, a not so hidden talent of mine). Anyhow, this morning after finishing the final trim on the "I Dream of Jeannie" costume, I was checking up on some of my favorite fashion/style blogs over my americano. (Side note: I apologize that there are not pictures of the final costume as I was already ten minutes late to the final fitting). Where was I? Oh yes, one blog I enjoy reading is Milk & Mode written by Carol Han. It is a combination of recipes, new fashion finds, shoes, fabulous parties, and Suz Monster. Her recipe for Portuguese Kale & Potato Soup sounded hearty and warm. With it being full fledged fall here in Portland, I set out to the grocery to gather up all the ingredients. Now, even though I am a novice chef, I still had the audacity to alter the recipe, only slightly, mind you, so I added red chili pepper flakes and white beans.

For the original recipe click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment