Friday, May 6, 2011

Rainy Afternoon at The Art Museum

Chicago, 1958

Philadelphia, 1963

Once all of my pertinent duties for today had been completed I strolled around the park blocks, nabbed lunch from my favorite food cart, sat in Director's Park, ate, avoided the pigeons, and then found myself at the north entrance of the art museum. I love peeking in every once and again to see whats new and reassure myself that some of my favorite pieces are still alive and well. Luckily, they are. To boot in the vestibule on the lower level there is an exhibit by photographer Ray K. Metzker, titled: AutoMagic. The collection of gelatin silver prints are meditative. The manner in which Metzker conveys mobility: the lifestyle of the automotive, the pedestrians, the transit, is insightful and impressive. The exhibit is up until July 31st, So go check it our for yourself.

Oh, and the photos, I snatched from the PAM's Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment