Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Emotional Baggage


Perhaps in my experience the only item more troublesome to shop for, other than jeans, is the handbag. I have been all over town and back again with my beloved Samsonite carry all. It was the perfect size, had the right carrying capacity, the correct number of pockets, and the right shade of brown that went with practically my entire wardrobe. Alas, our love affair sadly came to an abrupt end a few weeks ago when the zipper to the main compartment snapped off in my hand. Oh, the devastation!

Ever since I had been scanning the local vintage and thrift stores for an adequate replacement. My search had been in vain. Until, one night last week, struck with a serious case of insomnia, I scoured the interwebs. I must preface this story with the fact that, I am not an online shopper. I want to hold the item in my hand, inspect the seams, put it on, and look in the mirror, but I came across the ideal day bag on Etsy in yellow with navy trim. The price was even right. And to top it off the woman selling the bag was just across town. I had the carryall at my doorstep the next afternoon. It was like a dream come true. (I highly recommend shopping at Splinkville's Etsy store).

However, the new to me carryall was just a little too be to be the everyday-all-the-time purse, and so the search continued. On a random circumstance while killing time over at Lloyd Center (the Center of the City) wanting to run some errands, there it was hanging in the line up of the discounted designer handbags at Marshall's. It seemed to good to be true. There was no bling, fringe or giant buckle. The print: much more than tolerable, even pleasing and chic. LeSportsac and I were instantly connected and this will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment