Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Palette



It is just about 3pm here and according to my laptop's dashboard about 51 degrees fahrenheit. I just finished a couple loads of laundry and while I was sorting the socks, I noticed this scarf on my dresser. This particular accessory caught my eye in relation to the forecasted palettes for spring wardrobes. I am not a fan of the pastels. Yuck. I find them to be dull, faded versions of hues that in a past life danced across my retina. Every spring the same despise for the season's colors stews inside me, even though the world around me is blooming. Then the sense of urgency for summer kicks in, just so I can move past these lifeless pastels. But this scarf, oh this scarf! It is my solution, my palette's salvation. These next few months will be consumed with oranges, browns, mustards, rusts, grays, and greens. Oh, look out April.

No comments:

Post a Comment