Monday, November 22, 2010

Saturday Afternoon Part 1: Lodekka







Saturday afternoon was a chilly one as I headed over to North Portland in search of Wanderlust the vintage and handmade cart. The problem was that I had spaced out the address for the grand opening and just kept strolling North on Williams. Turns out that blunder was a happy accident. Just across the street from the 5th Quadrant and Pix Patisserie is Lodekka the “double decker dress shop.”
Lodekka is run by “conductress” Erin Sutherland and is full of vintage treasure. Being that this was my first time in a double decker bus I will let you know that you must watch your head. I am pretty sure the clearance on the bottom level is around 5’10” and the upper deck a few inches less. Despite a little bit of ducking on my part Erin has created a truly unique vintage shopping experience and I am sure to climb aboard in the future. Oh, I almost forgot the merchandise is very reasonably priced and in great condition. One of these days I will post some pictures of the holiday mod mini I scored on the upper deck. In the meantime you can check out the bus restoration process on Lodekka’s facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment